Productivity and Organizing Professionals to Meet in San Diego
The interior design industry has Westweek at the Pacific Design Center and the food industry meets each May in Chicago at the National Restaurant Association Show. Next week business productivity professionals and organizing experts for people, residences, and chronic organizing challenges are heading to San Diego for the 23rd Annual NAPO Annual Conference and Organizing Exposition April 6 – 9.
Reshaping our Future
This year’s theme, Reshaping our Future, Riding the Waves of Change will be highlighted by keynote speakers Julie Morgenstern, Colette Carlson, and Lee Silber. Over 30 workshops will cover such topics as hoarding, senior moves, tools for business, working with media, client expectations, scrapbooking and so much more.
showcase the latest in products
In the Organizing Exposition over 30 companies will showcase the latest in products and services for organizing homes and offices. The NAPO Organizing Expo is open to the public for the first time on Thursday, April 7th, from 8 am – 11 am. For only$25, you will experience some of the best tools available to organize your home and office, all at San Diego’s Town and Country Resort.
Visit www.napo.net for online registration
It’s not too late to attend the 2011 NAPO Organizing Conference if you are a professional organizer. Visit www.napo.net for online registration. Day passes are also available if attendance for all three days is not possible.
Tips for a Successful Business Conference:
1. Have a good supply of business cards, but remember you make more of an impression by asking for other’s cards and then follow-up with a note or email.
2. Let colleagues know your cell number before you arrive, it will make connecting much easier.
3. Plan ahead and research area sites of interest to visit during down time.
4. Keep your eye on name tags, best way to find information on areas of the industry you want to learn more about.
5. When in a session, take notes and ask for contact info from others in the class. Take notes on the back of business cards. By knowing the session you met, and other pertinent information, future follow-up will be easy.
6. Check friends travel schedules before leaving. Money could be saved by sharing rides from airports and train stations.
Successful and dedicated entrepreneurs take advantage of business associations and the benefits they provide. The National Association of Professional Organizers motivates members to achieve goals, provides training for the latest client solutions, and creates opportunities to network with peers from around the world.
Some businesses only look for referrals, but when industries gather it shows businesses are concerned with professional development – seeking to be the best they can be for their clients. Whatever your industry, get involved and ride the waves of change to reshape your future.
Get It Together LA! will be in San Diego from April 4th – 10th for the NAPO Organizing Conference. Phone and email messages will be returned within 24 hours during the NAPO Conference.
Photos by Dan Slutsky for the 2010 NAPO Conference